Design Manager Vacancy
We are looking to recruit a Design Manager for a our facility in Lichfield, Staffordshire. This position is ideal If you have a strong design engineering background with experience of using AutoCAD, Inventor & Vault.
As the design manager you will be responsible for updating existing machines and working on new and existing product ranges with a strong partnership to shop floor and other engineering personnel.
We are looking for a design manager for our small team and are looking at candidates established with extensive Industry and Design knowledge. You will take ownership of Design Projects from start to finish.
You will be responsible for:
- Management of all design activities from concept through to production validation.
- The robust design of products in accordance with the department procedures
- Investigating design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost, operational efficiency.
- Preparation of Project Engineering data for new product assemblies and components, eg 3D / 2D Drawings, BOM’s, Technical Specifications
- Customer technical liaison on new projects, ensuring that the designs meet the customer’s requirements and often exceed their expectations and remain competitive to achieve sales growth and increase market share.
- Qualified to HND/Degree level in an engineering discipline, ideally Mechanical or Product Design
- You must possess a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and product design processes.
- It is essential that you have at least 10 years’ experience designing using AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
For further information, please contact us direct at: